Saturday, August 02, 2008

Overall, I'm underwhelmed.

So, I've been reading news about the economy, the mortgage "crisis," war in the middle east, globalization, and all this. People seem pretty alarmed about the future of the environment, money, a world government, and missiles in Iran.


Frankly, I'm not really that concerned.


So what if the economy collapses? What if Iran fires on Israel? What if a one world government begins to form? What if it is the end of the world?!?!


Listen, I'm only 28, but I've been around long enough to know that for thousands of years people have been blowing each other up and committing random acts of violence and anarchy. And people always freak out when things go south anywhere that is published on the news. Shoot, I remember during the first gulf war when people stood up in churches all over the place and said it could be the end times. Yep, the world may be coming to end, but things have been, and could still, get a lot worse.


I'm not afraid because I have a big family and a secure future. What I mean is, if America falls apart, me and my 200+ family, well, we'll stick together. I'll sell my last guitar or work to the bone before I let one of the family go hungry - and I know they'd do the same for me.


So bring it. My trust is not is not in the economy, Barack Obama's audacious hope, peace in the middle east, or which country own Budweiser.

No comments: